Managing your virtual footprint
Duration: 90 minutes
As more of our daily life moves online, we divulge more and more data about ourselves. This data coalesces into a “virtual footprint” that provides a lot of information about our buying preferences, our beliefs and our personal/professional personas. Whether you are looking for a job, trying to make a major purchase or just making weekend plans with a friend, understanding how your online behavior may follow you over time is important. And managing your “virtual footprint” is an essential skill.
This workshop is designed for any web users with an interest in understanding the data privacy issues that exist for online consumers today.
- Introduction to the online environment.
- The state of data privacy today – who owns the data?
- Privacy policies and online social networking platforms.
- Managing your career online.
- Online security considerations.